2021 Mission Trip
- Trip Overview
- Why should you attend a mission trip?
- Who can attend this trip?
- About YouthWorks
- About Serving in Savannah, GA
- Future Meetings/Important Dates
- Safety Protocols/What happens if this trip is cancelled?
- I have other questions/concerns. Who do I talk to?
- I’m interested! Sign me up!
WHAT: YouthWorks Mission Trip
WHEN: June 19-26, 2021
WHERE: Savannah, Georgia (overnight stops in Nashville, TN)
WHO: 6th-12th Grade Youth & Adult Leaders
COST: Approx. $380 per person (includes registration, food, lodging, transportation)
- Be the hands and feet of Jesus while serving a community
- Set aside time to get connected with God in a unique way
- Disconnect from the chaos of daily life for a week
- Strengthen your faith
- Build relationships with other young Christians
- Form connections with adult leaders and mentors
- Learn new skills and experience different cultures
Youth – 10 spots*
- Jr & sr high students (must be ending 6th grade – 12th grade in Spring 2021)
- Active participation in church life (worship, Bible study) is expected
Adults – 2 spots*
- Selected via application process
- Must be 20+ years old
- Active participation in church life (worship, Bible study, etc.) is expected
- If interested in serving as an adult leader, apply here. Deadline to apply is Nov. 15th.
* there are currently limited spots available for this trip. However, more spots may be added if significant interest is expressed.
“YouthWorks provides Christ-centered mission trips for thousands of teenagers and adult leaders in communities across the U.S. and beyond. We believe that these kinds of mission trip experiences positively impact the communities we partner with, the teenagers who are stretched and challenged through a week of service, and the adult leaders who build mission trips into the ongoing discipleship of their teenagers. Our staff has been creating mission trip experiences for teenagers and adult leaders for more than 25 years.” (YouthWorks, “About Us” Introduction)
“Providing Christ-centered mission trips is our way of serving God’s multidenominational Church. We want to help empower every teenager to know God and be like Jesus in the ways they love and serve others, and our desire is the same for churches, families, staff and communities. We aim to create experiences that broaden perspectives, ignite passions, expose possibilities and inspire pursuits.” (YouthWorks Vision Statement). YouthWorks revolves around six core values: Youth, Communities, Respectful Service, Relationships, Diversity, and Development.
Click here to read more about YouthWorks.
- Workdays: Support organizations serving the poor and marginalized and complete simple home repair projects; partner with local ministries and nonprofit organizations serving seniors, children, and those experiencing homelessness.
- Types of projects: Serve through painting, cleaning, helping with yard work or doing other simple work projects. Partner with local organizations to meet ongoing needs in the community. Students may serve all or part of the week at a food shelf, clothing distribution center, soup kitchen, children’s program or elder care facility.
- Evenings: We’ll have dinner and swim at Tybee Island, learn about historic injustices by touring a church involved with the underground railroad, take a stroll through the Riverwalk and other tourist destinations in Savannah, and end the week with a community cookout celebration.
- November 15th, 2020
- Adult Leader Application Due
- November 22nd, 2020
- Youth Commitment Form & $100 Deposit Due
- December 1st, 2020
- E-mail sent to registered participants with further details – response requested, please contact Dana if you don’t receive this email!
- December 6th, 2020
- Last day to drop out of trip
***NO in-person December meetings – watch email for correspondence
The following dates are tentative:
- January 17th, 2021
- Pre-Trip Meeting/2nd Payment Due
- March 7th, 2021
- Pre-Trip Meeting/3rd Payment Due
- April 25th, 2021
- Pre-Trip Meeting/FINAL PAYMENTS DUE (firm deadline)
- June 13th, 2021
- Commissioning Service & Mandatory Final Pre-Trip Meeting
YouthWorks is taking all necessary steps to ensure that trip participants and the communities we will serve are as safe as possible. We have opted in for “trip insurance” and YouthWorks has extended deadlines for payments, adjusting trip numbers, etc. and has been in constant communication with trip coordinators to ensure we stay up-to-date on any issues or adjustments.
We (the trip coordinators/adult leaders) will keep all participants and parents appraised of any changes in the plans immediately, should any arise. If the trip is cancelled completely, you will be refunded any payments you have made up to that point excluding one half of your initial $100 deposit ($50) to offset the cost of our trip deposit to the YouthWorks organization.
Your commitment is important to ensure our ability to attend this trip. The last day to drop out of the trip is Sunday, December 6th. If you choose to drop out of the trip after this point, you may be ineligible to receive a refund for any payments made up to that point.
You can read more about YouthWorks and their safety policies here.
If you have specific questions or concerns about the trip, please do not hesitate to contact Dana Otto via email or by text/call at 636-541-7177.
STEP 1: Print and complete this commitment form. Return to Dana Otto with your $100 deposit (either in person, mailed, or dropped off in DCE mailbox outside the church office doors).
STEP 2: Put all the future meeting/payment dates (see above) on your calendar. Let Dana know ASAP if you will not be able to attend one of the meetings, or if you need to discuss alternate payment plans.
STEP 3: Check your email frequently for trip updates and required forms/paperwork.
If you have questions, concerns, or need to confirm any details with Dana Otto please don’t hesitate to reach out! Thank you!