Holy Cross Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS).
With the universal Christian Church, Holy Cross teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God:
- the Father, creator of all that exists;
- Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and
- the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments.
The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
This congregation accepts all canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as the revealed Word of God, verbally inspired, and acknowledges and accepts all the Symbolical Books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church contained in the Book of Concord (1580), to be a true and genuine exposition of the doctrines of the Bible.
These Symbolical Books are:
- The Ecumenical Creeds (the Apostolic, the Nicene, and the Athanasian),
- the Unaltered Augsburg Confession,
- the Apology of Augsburg Confession,
- the Smalcald Articles,
- Dr. Martin Luther’s Small and Large Catechism, and
- the Formula of Concord.
All doctrines of this congregation are to be drawn and proven from the Word of God, and on the basis of the Word of God all disputes and controversies on religion must be administered and settled.