Youth and Families
Quick Links to Other Pages
Registration opens on Easter and closes May 27th!
To learn more about this year’s VBS please visit: answersingenesis.org/vbs/zoomerang/
To view volunteer opportunities visit HERE
To sign up to volunteer or to register you child click HERE
- Sunday Morning Opportunities (Pre-K through 12th Grade)
- Midweek Opportunities (3rd-6th Grade and 20s+30s Young Adults Group)
- Confirmation Program (7th & 8th Grade)
- Upcoming Events and Calendars (all ages)
Other ways to get connected:
* Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings with all of our programs!
— Click here to view our most recent newsletters.
* Follow us on Instagram: @hcrossyouth
* Visit our Youth & Families Facebook page
Sunday Morning Opportunities
- Children & Families (Pre-K + up)
- 6th-8th Grade:
- What: Bible study for middle schoolers covering various topics based on student interest (studying books of the Bible, hot topics/big questions, key faith concepts, doctrine, worldview, dating/relationships, vocation, etc.)
- When: Every Sunday morning from 9:15-10:15am
- Where: In the junior high youth room, located in the lower hall of Holy Cross
- 9th-12th Grade:
- What: Join the adult Bible study led by Pastor Gimbel and Pastor Meyer
- When: Every Sunday morning from 9:15-10:15am
- Where: In the gym
- Who: For all students 9th-12th grade or equivalent age
- 3rd-6th Grade: Bible study with Ms. Shana Ziolko every Wednesday night, 6:45-8pm.
- Junior & Senior High: As of right now, we will not have regularly scheduled midweek Bible studies, unless interest in meeting is expressed by students. Occasional small group events and Bible studies may pop up, so check back regularly at the “Upcoming Events” section below and follow our social media pages for updates!
- 20’s & 30’s/Young Adults: Join us every other week on Thursday nights from 6:30-8pm for a time of fellowship and Bible study, “Spiritual Disciplines: Christian Living Through the Holy Spirit” led by Brian Belter. This group meets in the Gym, as well as online through GoogleMeet using the link below:
At the start of the Small Catechism, Luther wrote: “As the head of the household should teach” and went on to give explanations, in short form, about the chief parts of our life of faith. The goal of our confirmation curriculum is primarily to develop and enrich the knowledge and ownership of faith in a confirmand, and to help families have those key conversations about faith. Holy Cross currently operates on a 2-year Confirmation program for 7th & 8th graders.
◊ Meet one-on-one with their assigned Confirmation counselor (one of the pastors or the DCE intern). These meetings will allow the counselor to check in with the confirmand and their parents regarding the material covered that month, as well as to develop an ongoing relationship based in prayer and support as the confirmand grows in their faith and knowledge throughout the year.
If you do not know who your assigned counselor or your family’s Elder is, please contact Pastor Meyer.
Want to automatically stay up to date on the latest events? Check out our Google Calendars for each of our age groups. Click or tap on the event for more details, and hit the + Google Calendar icon to automatically add all the events to your family’s calendar!
You can also subscribe to our weekly e-mail newsletter to receive the latest information and updates on what’s going on with all of our youth programs.
Listed below are also links to each individual age group’s calendar and a summary of the type of events offered.
Click here to view the PreK-5th Grade Calendar.
Kids in Christ (the KIC Group) is for the Preschool through 5th Grade children of our congregation. Many of the KIC events are also Sunday School events, so you may hear the names KIC and Sunday school used interchangeably. This group meets online on Wednesday nights for midweek Bible study (3rd-6th grade).
Click here to view the 6th-8th Grade Calendar.
The Lord Explorers are “Built Lord Tough” and provide fellowship and faith development for youth in grades 6-8. The name “Lord Explorers” is used interchangeably with junior high or middle school youth group. This group meets on Sunday mornings for Bible study, as well as for other occasional special activities and events, including retreats and mission trips.
7th & 8th grade students are eligible to participate in our Confirmation program. 6th graders are invited to join the online midweek Bible study with the older KIC youth.
Click here to view the 9th-12th Grade Calendar.
Lutheran Youth Fellowship/Live Your Faith (LYF) is our high school youth group. This group meets for Sunday morning Bible studies, as well as occasional other special activities and events, including retreats and mission trips.
Click here to view the Young Adult Calendar.
Whether you’re fresh out of high school, in college, post-grad or in the workforce, married or single, guy or gal – all are welcome in the Young Adults/20s & 30s group. This group meets on Thursday evenings for dinner and a Bible study, as well as occasional other special activities and events.
Many of our events are designed for all ages – click here to view the All Youth & Families Calendar.